Nursing Home Care
Covers inpatient room and board, supplemental services, and patient supplies. You are eligible when you can’t perform 3 or more Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Refer to Glossary page for Activities of Daily Living.
Covers room and board, supplemental services, and patient supplies in an eligible residential care facility. You are eligible when you can’t perform 2 or more ADLs.
Home Health Care
Covers fees for Home Health Care Services, Personal Care Services, and Homemaker Services provided by an eligible provider. You are eligible when you either can’t perform 2 ADLs one of which must be transferring or can’t perform 3 ADLs.
Lifetime Benefit Coverage
NPFBA covers Long Term Care benefits for as long as you need them. Other plans will only cover benefits for a specified number of years, usually between 2 and 5 years, unlike NPFBA whose benefits are for a lifetime. NPFBA benefits cap at $1,000,000.
3% Compounded Inflation Protection
Each year you are in the Plan your daily benefit will increase 3% Compounded (Plan years 2 through 26). For example, $150 per day Nursing Home benefit will increase to $170 per day after 5 years and $228 per day after 15 years.
If you joined the Plan prior to July 1, 2017, please contact our office at 877-582-0003, option #2 for your benefit amount.
Paid Up Plans
NPFBA offers payment periods of 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45-Years (based on enrollment age). Other plans require lifetime payments to continue coverage.
Respite Care is temporary care provided to Participants after satisfying the Elimination Period and other conditions for receiving benefits to allow time off for those who ordinarily care for them on a regular basis. The benefit shall be paid for up to 15 days within the calendar year. Respite Care does not need to be consecutive days.
Through Age 69- The amount of your payments up to $5,000
Age 70 to 74 – The
* Participants who joined prior to 2007, please refer to your schedule of benefits.amount of your payments up to $2,500
60-Day Elimination Period
Participants medically underwritten as preferred health status have a 60-Day Elimination Period. Standard health status has a 90-Day Elimination Period.
Waiver of Payment
Payments are waived while the Participant is receiving benefits from NPFBA.
REASONS TO CHOOSE
As the cost of care continues to rise, Long Term Care (LTC) coverage becomes an increasingly important component of every American’s safety net. Traditional health insurance doesn’t cover most LTC services. State and Federal programs only cover people with low incomes and are notorious for the poor quality of care provided.
• The average annual cost of convalescent care is over $92,000.
• In 20 years, the average annual cost is expected to exceed $202,000.
• The average lifetime expense to care for an Alzheimer’s patient is $290,000.
• Every minute 49 Americans become disabled.
• At age 32 you are 6.5 times more likely to become disabled than die.
• 75% of disabilities result from illness.
• At least 70% of Americans will need some Long Term Care after age 65.
• 3 out of 5 people over age 65 will require a minimum of 3 years Long Term Care assistance.
• 40% of people receiving Long Term Care are between age 18 and 64.
• By age 85 we are 5 times more likely to need help with personal care than when we were 65. Additionally, after age 80 women are more likely than men to need help.
• Without Long Term Care coverage you will have to use your fixed pension income and other accumulated assets to pay for care.
• 350,000 bankruptcies each year are attributed to unexpected medical expenses.
Without LTC coverage, you or your children must cover the high costs of care. LTC coverage provides you with peace of mind and protects your assets.